Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Skyrim: Revisited

As the scene faded in, I noticed that I was being taken somewhere in a horse-drawn carriage. As I tried to move, I was greeted with a message telling me my hands were bound, so I sat and listened to the conversation between my fellow prisoners. Once we got to where we were going, the Captain of the guard decided that I should be executed even though my name wasn't on the "bad guy" list. Her callousness made me determine that no matter what happened, I would join the resistance or "rebellion" or the "Stormcloaks" if I made it out of this alive. As I was about to be executed, a big ugly dragon made it's presence known and I was forced to run for my life. I chose to follow a rebel instead of an Imperialist and eventually made it out of the castle and escaped being dragonroast. As I was escaping from the dragon, the underground stream I encountered provided an initial beauty of the graphics that this game offered. The stream looked just as it would if I would have encountered in my own life. The river outside in the woods was even more amazing.

If you haven't bought Skyrim yet, you can get it from here:




True Character Customization: Once you get into the character customization and choice of skills, you will realize that you can truly create the character of your dreams. You earn points based on your actions that you can apply to skill "constellations" in several different areas. The weapons and armor that you decide to use are completely up to you and are not restricted to any "classes" (the game doesn't have any "classes" anyway). There are 10 playable races in the game, and if you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games, you will probably recognize some of them. The races include Altmer, or High Elves, Dunmer, or Dark Elves, Bosmer (Wood Elves), Argonians, Bretons, Imperials, Khajits (the cat-like creatures of the land), Nords, Orcs, and Redguards. Each of the races give different bonuses to different aspects of your character. For example, the Khajits are given a bonus to their sneaking ability because of their cat-like agility. However, you can still make a hulking Breton and improve his sneaking skill to make him just as good as an assassin as a Khajit, if that's what you want to do. Skyrim really doesn't place any limitations on how you play your character, making for one of the truest role-playing experiences since the pen-and-paper era.

If you're looking for some vintage Elder Scrolls games, check them out here:






Guides and walkthroughs are helpful, but not needed: There are guides and walkthroughs out there that can help you throughout the game; however, the free-from style of gameplay allows you to truly play the game how you want to play it. Don't want to complete the main quest? Well, don't, you may miss out on some things, but it's not required in order to enjoy the game. Here are some of the popular guides available:




 Prima's Official Guide is here:

You can also check out Abeona's guide here, and it does provide some useful hints and help getting through the game if you need it: Abeona's Guide

Stories and lore: If you're interested in the stories and lore of the Elder Scrolls series, there are vast amounts of books to that you can find anywhere on the Internet. There are also stories found in all of the games as well in various books that you encounter and these also let you glimpse into the lore of the Elder Scrolls.

Check out some of the books here:



New Expansion: The new Skyrim: Dawnguard expansion is set to release at the end of June 2012. The downloadable content expansion will be released around June 26 for Microsoft XBOX 360. The expansion will be released sometime after that for PS3 and PC Players. Check out the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink