Saturday, May 12, 2012

TERA = Pink Slime?

A young George Washington was once credited with famously saying "I cannot tell a lie." Well, I think I've tried to be truthful and honest in all of my posts as well as the articles I write at various places. That has not changed and hopefully will never change. I admit I am an affiliate of most products that I promote and I do earn money from those promotions (however, trust me, it's not enough to live off of. I still have a full-time job I must go to Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm).  But I will never promote and say something is good when it is not.

I recently promoted Velik's levelling guide for Tera over at Squidoo, which is an excellent guide to help you get through the game. However, I have not yet posted my review about Tera and was waiting until the next issue of MMO Addictz to do so. But those of you that actually read my blog will get kind of an advance warning with this post. The bottom line is: After my free 30 day trial of the game with it's purchase, I will not be subscribing to it at all.

The game is semi-unique with its targeting system and cross-hair that requires you to have a mouse or a controller to play; however, I think Champions Online system is similar. However, those of you that use laptops to play games with a touchpad and don't want to either get a USB mouse or a controller are at a disadvantage here. There is no way to play this game with that type of setup (unless you have an extreme amount of patience that no person should ever be capable of having). Those of you that use regular mice or controller should be okay, but the system still sometimes seems slow to respond to your actions.

I played the game since its release and still have no clue what the storyline here is. This may not be important to some and it's not always a dealbreaker for me, but I do like to know why I'm doing things from time to time, other than just because some stranger wants me to. One of my gaming friends that has been with me since every MMO release since 2006 or 2007 bet me early on I wouldn't make it past level 10. I'm probably afraid to say he's right here, I've made it to level 7. Some of you are probably going to blast me here and say you get into the real guts later on, but hey, if you don't get me addicted at the beginning, I don't really have the patience to grind to said level just to get to the real content of the game. It's kind of like pink slime filler meat here. Yeah there's good stuff in there somewhere, but that filler stuff looks gross and may or may not be harmful to your health.

-Ashton

P.S. If you do want the levelling guide to help you out, click the link below. It's a good leveling guide, but the game is only so-so and I don't believe it lives up to its hype. Hopefully Secret World will satisfy my hunger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink