Monday, January 31, 2011

Tired of the WoW Clones

Okay, I'll admit it. I love World of Warcraft. But, I don't want to play it all of the time. I also don't want to try every new MMORPG that comes out and find out it's exactly like WoW. It really pisses me off, especially when I pay money for it. I recently played a beta version of a game (I can't say which one, cause that would break the NDA, of course) and literally everything was exactly like World of Warcraft, except with a different storyline. The thing that they proclaimed set it apart from other MMOs was very similar to WoW, but with more choices. Granted, I didn't pay any money for it, but I probably would have, had I not played the beta. It seems like every new fantasy MMORPG that is coming out is copying WoW, using the excuse that they are taking what worked with WoW and adding their own elements in. The problem with this concept is that most of their "new ideas" are very small elements of the game and the game comes off looking very similar to World of Warcraft. Don't get me wrong, because like I said, I like World of Warcraft, but I don't want to repeat the experience every time a new fantasy MMO comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink