Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yes, I really don't know Jack

I saw a new game for the XBOX 360 the other day that I just had to have for nostalgia, and possibly entertainment, reasons. The game, you ask? Why, my friend, you really don't know Jack, do you? Anyways, silly puns aside, the game "You Don't Know Jack" was recently revamped and released on all major platforms, including the Wii and PC. I remember playing this game into the wee hours of the night on the computer back in the day. The game was fun, a great game to play with more than one player, and you really learned a lot from the game before it just disappeared. So, I bought this new version in hopes for the same fun and nostalgia. I bought the XBOX 360 version and you can play by yourself (although the game does berate you for it), with 3 other people locally or on-line. Did I get the same enjoyment from this new version as I did from the old version? No, I didn't and my self-esteem is lower, thanks to games amusement at my lack of knowledge. Maybe I just knew more back in the day and as I got older, that knowledge disappeared. Or maybe I just don't get the same enjoyment out of getting made fun of for being dumb that I used to.



I'm not going to recommend not buying this game, but if you don't like games that make fun of you for getting questions wrong, then it's probably not for you. The game is still kind of fun, and as I continue to play it, I might learn something new, and become better at the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink