Thursday, June 9, 2011

WWE All Stars? Child's Play.

I purchased WWE All Stars for my Playstation 3 the other day in hopes of adding an addition to an already great game WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011. Unfortunately, my hopes were quickly diminished. The game breaks away from the move controls used by previous Smackdown vs. Raw games and attempts to go back to button-smashing Arcade roots. However, a lack of synchronisity between my controller and the game leads to a delay between my button press and the actual action being completed by my in-game character. A very uninteresting career-type Path of Champions mode, combined with a boring, and often frustrating (with the way the game does not recognize my controller commands half of the time) Legends-type mode (where you determine the best of two wrestlers, one modern-day and one legend) does not do very much to help this game out.

I would take the game back and get some in-store credit for it; however, I let my 7-year-old play the game (yes, I know what the ESRB rating is and I monitor him while he plays so kiss my bad-daddy butt) and he says that I'm not allowed. He's not any better at it than I am (which is surprising because he is usually better at the games than I am), but he likes seeing the Legend wrestlers compete with the modern day wrestlers and likes watching the entrance music of the Legends. I get what the game is trying to do, but the delivery just didn't come through here and what could have been an awesome game falls to the mediocre pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink