Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I know, I know. It's been a while. Some of you probably thought that I fell off the face of the earth. Others are probably wishing they were the ones that pushed me. But, I'm back and will try to do better with more regular updates from now on. I've been very busy with my RL work and I will be graduating college in a little over a month, so that's kept me busy as well. But, just because I've been busy does not mean I haven't been gaming. In fact, I needed the stress relief that only playing video games can provide even more with the extra stress lately.

I recently acquired L.A. Noire and the Saints Row compilation (1 & 2), both for the XBOX 360. I really like L.A. Noire. It's made by Rockstar Games and it feels like Grand Theft Auto in reverse. I even get to live my fantasy of being a 1940's era police officer and I can turn the sirens on in my police car and everything. It does seem kind of easy; however, and it seems more geared towards the casual gamer. Sure, you can assume that a person is lying and be completely off-base, but it doesn't throw your case off too much. Even after failing a tense fight or chase scene three times, the game will allow you to skip the scene and continue on if you want to. It does feel more like I'm watching a movie sometimes, especially with the non-playable WW II flashbacks the main character keeps having. Even with it being geared towards casual play, I find myself enjoying the game every time I play. The high stress of my job and college right now may make a casual game of cobs and robbers just what I need to de-stress every once in a while.

Let's move on to the Saints Row compilation. I'm trying really hard to put Saints Row 2 in and give it a try, but after trying Saints Row 1, it's kind of got me wanting a little more. Remember how I said L.A. Noire was like GTA in reverse. Saints Row is exactly like Grand Theft Auto in every single way. Prostitute mini-games, trying to win gang turf wars, stealing other people's vehicles, out-running the cops, etc. It's all there, no change in style whatsoever. I actually have to say I liked GTA better. At least their idea was original at the time. Once I try Saint's Row 2, I'll post an update letting you know if it was any better. Should you try Saint's Row? Only if you have not tried GTA and want to get a taste of what it's like for a fraction of the cost.

Well, I think that's it for this update. Thanks for following and I'll be sure to try and update more frequently from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink