Friday, January 21, 2011

MapleStory?

Okay, I decided to try this one out after seeing a posting somewhere about their new mechanic class. I wasn't too interested in the class, but I had heard good things about the Free-to-play MMO from others before, so it just gave me an excuse to try the game out. I never really thought I'd be interested in a side-scrolling MMO before, but I thought I should at least give it a try. Well, apparently I had a Nexon account somewhere down the line (I probably have too many gaming accounts to remember them all) and I couldn't remember my password (apparently I got the username right) and I didn't have access to the original e-mail address I signed up with anymore. So, what's a guy to do? Create a new account with a new e-mail address, of course! Well I did that and they were supposed to send my password activation link immediately. I check my e-mail and spambox and no, they're not there. I click re-send e-mail, still no luck. I wait for a day and no, they're still not there. I click the resend activation button again two more times and wait for another day. The next day, all four activation e-mails show up in my inbox at the same time. WTF? Okay, so I sign in and download the game. The initial download for the installer takes about 3 minutes for my high-speed connection. The download for the game from the installer takes about 2 hours (which is pretty good, considering it's an MMO). So anyways, I finally get in and create my character. Apparently I don't get to pick a class (job) until I reach level 10, which I am not sure I like this arrangement just yet. I'm up to level 6 and so far, I'm still semi-interested. I had to redo how the hotkeys work (never assign a power to the "Shift" key on a Windows PC, stupid freaking Sticky Keys). I'm going to at least keep playing it until level 15 or so so I can get an idea of what the game is like once I have chosen a class. Keep tuned in, and I'll let you know my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viglink